Saturday, July 23, 2022

Wonder Years

Cycle & Puddle

Being in and out of Zoom I thought of taking in the fresh air and went for a walk in my common balcony which overlooks ISRO quarters. It had rained in Bangalore and the evening sun was yet to shut and peeked from behind the clouds, the breeze was refreshing and I could feel it on my face especially after a 3 hr session.


While I was feeling tired and exhausted I could see 3 kids 6-7 year old, shouting and screaming at the top of their lungs. I discovered that each of them were trying to outdo each other by riding their cycle into a large puddle of water in the centre of the ground. They were neatly dressed in the best of the evening dress which their parents would have made them wear before they went out. But they were undeterred with their dress code - they were there to have fun. Well as long as the puddle lasts or there parents call them in.  


The Swim


The chilly weather had deterred most of us from going for a swim in our pool. Going down to do daily grocers in the lift, the door opened and in came a 5 year with bright orange swimsuit, with caps & & enough padding in her hand so she won’t swim. 


Going for a swim ?


Ya, Why are you not ? She asked.


Well, it’s very cold and I am old ? I said


She looked at me and said - It’s not cold, it feels cold once when you enter but after that it’s fun.

Wanna Come ?


Maybe tomorrow!


Well I will swim now ! She gave me a big toothless smile and waved me bye :)

 

You can read of the philosophy doled out by books or just look  around & experience it.


Living in the Moment & Loving every Moment. Thanks kids :)


Day 24: 200 words/day challenge (307 words)


No comments: