Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Walk on the beach

 

The sun was setting in the sprawling - endless and very sparsely populated beach of Baga. We frolicked a bit in the water as we were not allowed to go in because of the monsoon and the water looked dangerous. In my frame of vision the land was tiny and the ocean was huge, personally I have never seen such an angry ocean - & the vastness of it scared me. Now I could visualise what a tsunami can do. 

As I turned I saw three kids safely perched on the front porch of one of the shacks making their sand castles with the pink colored buckets and shovel. Completely unaware and not bothered about the image I saw in my mind.

Their parents were busy as always photographing the kids - capturing snapshots which will become memories and will be seen, discussed and replayed many times, every time they come to Goa or go to any beach.

For a long time I just saw the setting sun casting its glittering sunlight on the ocean and heard the roar of the ocean loud and clear and experienced the strong breeze. Water would come and immerse part of me and then go away.

My mind was blank for a long time - no memories came to me nor did any thoughts. It was just the sea and me. How long can I be like this ? Can we live without memory, on a day when I lost my father it must be the most stupidest question to ask or Is it ?

Day 20: 200 words/day challenge (220 words)

Postscript: https://jkrishnamurti.org/content/memory-thought-and-illusion-continuity-0/MEMORY (Listen to this talk on memory) 


No comments: