Friday, June 23, 2023

Being Still - Experiencing Silence


The house has been drained of activities as the hospital beckoned and we were like ‘2 lost souls living in a fish bowl’ - famously sung by Pink Floyd..

The chemo cycle happens every 3 weeks. And for those 3 weeks everyone is trying to do many things and still things are incomplete or have a sense of disapproval. Too many factors and conditions to be kept in mind by many people which ends up in a resultant chaos. 


But today there were none and suddenly I was experiencing silence of a different kind. A silence where I could hear my breath, a silent drone of insects which I never picked up, even the breeze I could experience on my hand as I sat on my doorstep. The parrots as always were the loudest and shrill and the squirrels had their sound synchronised with their tail and on seeing a lazy cat come out and sit near the tree its chatter went up a notch.


After sometime I realised that I had not heard the constant sound of traffic or the consistent beeping of horn, not even the washing machine which was running in my next flat. As if it did not permeate the bubble built by nature. 


I felt, this is not silence, this is life.

No comments: