Wednesday, June 21, 2023

The SNOWMAN - Jo Nesbo

After a long time I read an ‘edge of the seat thriller’. I always wanted to read a NORDIC thriller  but was busy reading others. It was one of the Harry Hole stories and had good twists and turns till the last 100 pages and I kept guessing who was the killer. In other words we kept suspecting someone but it was someone else. 

Like any other suspense or investigative book there was logical thinking and deduction. It goes into overdrive after sometime and I had to control not finishing in a long sitting. Will I read one more - I am not sure. It’s good but in the end you come out with this nauseating feeling of what devious things can be there in the human mind. How people can be so cruel to other humans. Of course there is always a deep seated psychological reason for which the person acts the way he / she is acting. 


The action and the thrill is nice but somehow the macabre murders puts me off. Maybe it’s just my age and the kind of books which I have been reading which are more on relationships or pure play science fiction or on a person’s quest for something or war & displacement. I think all my books in the last few years have been more on human drama. 


So this was a good change. 


I have not read many Agatha Christie but her books or even Sherlock Holmes were more of deductive & solving cases and in that sense innocent. 


I mean how threatening can Poirot be but his brain is no different or not less sharp than Harry Hole. 


I guess that also my personality - I identify more with Poirot than Harry Hole 🙂


No comments: