Wednesday, June 21, 2023

Reflecting On Writing - 250th Post


In the movie 'Whale' Charlie teaches 'Creative Writing course' & One of the thing Charlie says to his students is 'BE HONEST IN YOUR WRITING'. 

Over last 17 years - there were occasions when I thought is it OK to write something which might be personal or something which will be liked by some folks or it should project a point of view which is right etc etc. But most of these are just thoughts or ideas in my mind, when I write my post it's more from my heart. I need to feel good after the post is done. That's my barometer of satisfaction.

In the process of writing initially even now I feel at times that more people should read my post - especially if I really like a post or enjoy writing it but I never write with that intention. That process is more for my LinkedIn posts as they are driven by purpose not some random thoughts which I write here in my blog. 

Blog went out of fashion I think 5 years back or more, I don't think anyone has the time to read - it's mostly see i.e video. So my writing is more for my clarity & posterity. With the hope that Google doesn't go bankrupt and these blogs survive in some server somewhere - I want to come back and read them and see what I went thru / felt / thought. 

My blog / writing is my truth. 

No comments: