Sunday, December 08, 2019

Old Poems...


Old Poems: Copied on 31/10/2019 from various scrapes of papers


Let’s roll: Written on 19th August 2019
On a day
When 12 hrs,
looked like 12 mnts
I walked out of office
And hailed a cabbie
Kaali-Peeli
They call it in Mumbaia’ hindi
As he drove
I rolled out the window
&
Felt the nice cold blow
& air, yes air flow
Through my hair
Unlike AC of an UBER car
I plugged my phonw & shut my ear
Eric Clapton made guitar
& me weep
Hear, Tears from heaven
Made the Kaali-Peeli a heaven
As I turned the key
Of my cubby hole

I smile, thinking, Let roll…

The patch of sunlight: Written on 10th December 2016
Mornings, in a cold wintery morning
Sun, spreading a small patch of sunlight on my balcony
A night gone by
Thinking of
Life
Death
Love
Why? Is life so difficult
at times
When, night after night
You wait with bated breath
For sleep to envelope you
But, sleep decides to elude you
As, you lay in the bed,
You look at the cold balcony
Curtains drawn
Glimmer of moonlight
Gives you hope
Of peace and tranquillity
Letting go of your despair & anxiety
You, breath in the serenity.
Drifting between
A state sleep & wakefulness
You slowly
See the change
Moonlight to sunlight
You smile,
Another day of
Life
Hope Love
Oh! A small patch of sunlight,
When will you come my way?

Who is UGLY? Written on 14th May 2017
I ponder
As I volunteer
To pick up
My paint and brush
To,
Wash away the stains of paan
Breath in the smell of urine
 Bear the nudges of passers by
Lost in their screens
Faces stare from buses, cars, scooters
Lost in their own world
Like I was till now,
Did I redeem myself?
Or, Is this this the beginning ?
Only time will tell.

Beauty in Life? Written on 21/11/2017
Is there beauty in our life
OR,
Is it just
An Imagination
An Illusion
We live with.
Every morning,
We get up with a mirage
Which gets shattered
Hrs becomes days
Days become months
Months become years
& slowly we go to sleep
Six Feet Under
Still in search of the illusive beauty.

No comments: