Saturday, January 14, 2012

London is dirty

Well, the buildings apart, if I were to just look at city streets, walking paths etc I found London very dirty. You can find cigarette butts everywhere and you can also find cans, empty Mcdonald packets, or remains of food. I found it a bit disturbing but also a bit solace because I read and heard so much that we (meaning India )has the most dirtiest city in the world etc etc.

Thames is beautiful.
The correct word would be poetic. The cruise which I took on Thames was one of the most memorable 45 minutes. There was a person who was giving an informative and funny commentary – which was a mix of history & present. So, he not only told us about the oldest church, biggest fire but also about the IBM building which was rated as the ugliest. As I rode on the cruise I felt like Thames was holding two parts of London together like spine holds the papers of a notebook together.

As I wrote in the OP inspired moments, I realized writing is probably the only way of reaching out to these moments and toying with them reliving them just you and the thought and the moment. It is not about sharing an experience with your friend and family – as you generally do whenever you co me back from your trip or when you connect after a long time. It’s not so much of how many people read your blog and wrote a comment but it’s about putting on paper what you felt the way you felt.

As long as budding writers like me enjoy those few moments I think we will continue to write inspite of the fact that we get published in our life time or not.

No comments: