Monday, September 04, 2023

1 year off


Last year today was the last day when I was paid for the day. 

(I did not want to write a long congratulatory note but wanted to be precise so I decided to write just 3 things under each head)

I wrote and rewrote the first line a couple of times because apart from that rest everything else was still a reality.

  • I still work daily  

  • I am still responsible for certain outcomes

  • I still have meetings / schedules / travel

Yes, the quantum of the above 3 is significantly less, maybe 1/4th of what I did earlier. But I choose to do a lot of other things.

  • I am learning what I want to learn

  • I feel good about what I do because it has meaning for me 

  • I prioritize mindfully what works for me n family

But, this does not mean

  • I don’t have conflicts

  • I don’t feel lost or worthless at time

  • That I don’t have gnawing feeling that I could have done much better / much more

So did I learn something on the way

  • You can only plan that much. Rest you have to ‘Go with the flow’. Life will throw curve balls you can never escape so be ready.  

  • Having choices is not important. Clarity of what you want is.

  • You cannot do it alone. Learn to trust people and letting go off your biases


Wrote on 31st August 23


No comments: