Tuesday, September 12, 2006




The changing face of Fashion - Wills Lifestyle
Wills Lifestyle is almost part of my DNA, right from the time when there was one store at South Ex and Krishnan was a single man army doing everything to 40 stores, 30,000 Club Wills members, 1.5 Lac people buying every year.......I have been trhrough it all.
First with Lowe, where we did the user interface deisign for their website and touch screen kiosk (placed at their stores) .

For last 2 yrs, I have been doing all their CRM activities, direct mailers, store promotions etc. But what I enjoyed (and learnt most)was
planning for the new club came. I had to first understand the data before I could try andthe data bit, imagine going thru tons and tons of data and try to see who is shopping what, see a pattern emerge, make assumptions......it was crazy but probably the most stimulating experience in my career. I ordered books from the US, went thru websites, white papers .......spoke to few people in retail......so much so that I still feel like delivering a baby.

Thanx also to the team at ITC - Samit n Rohit - I always felt that I was part of their team and not an outsider.

Learning :

Don't order books from US, if u havn't gone thru it in detail, u will waste lot of money without getting what you thought you will get :-))

Data is the heart and soul of any company, get into it and you will be part of their business (I know very basic stuff in CRM.....have u tried doing it ???)

Don't give up on net, from Einstein to Picasso to Ogilvy..............you will find them all there to give you advice.

No comments: