Wednesday, March 01, 2023

Back to Writing n Re-Building Writing Muscle

I was talking to Naman last week and he mentioned - we have to keep writing to build our writing muscle.Well he should know, he had made a commitment to write 100 newsletter & like  clockwork every Friday he will write about a new startup / interesting individual who is working in the space of sustainability. Well, he is on his 106th. Check him out at https://www.notmyproblem.earth/ , you can also subscribe to him on substack.

Why am I writing about him?

Because today is 1st March 23 & it’s been 2 months since I wrote my last post. 

That was on 31st Dec

&

I am also making a commitment to write every day for the next 30 days.


So here’s to the first post. 


A lot of ideas are buzzing in my head - many of them will germinate into a blog post and many of them will die a natural death between sleep and wakefulness and the vagaries of daily life. 


I have been on a MUBI diet since I got the Rs 99 plan for 3 months. 15 movies in a month is a first in my lifetime - I will write about most of them but one of the most lyrical / dream-like movies was “What do we see when we look at the sky?”. It’s shot in a riverside town Kutaisi, Georgia. 


Yes, there is a story but most of it is like the postcards from this beautiful city - children playing, lush green grasses & the river continuously flowing, people are elegant, well dressed, well spoken and have a natural innocence which is difficult to find / portray. 


In one of those (stupid) questions the interviewer asks - meaning / purpose of the film -  the director says, simple life is just beautiful the way it is. We don't really need a story ….my blog posts are postcards from my life. 


C’ est la vie


No comments: