Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Goals for 23 - 75th & last post of the year.


In the ultimate analysis - you are alone. You came to earth alone and you will die alone. So, goals can be only your goals. Any goals beyond this circle are only possibilities. This has always been my principle. Yes, there are a few principles which you want to follow at home or as a lifestyle choice, but you have to accommodate. 

I set goals on my birthday and these were scribbled on my notepad, I thought I will transfer it here. It’s great to have these, I believe what gets measured gets done.


Here goes:

(Key Driver - Health n Fitness, Resilience, Solitude & Balance)

  • Running - This year I will end with 12k, next year I want to double it to 25K & MY DARE would be to do 55K on my 55th b’day

  • Perfect Swimming - I can manage to stay afloat but I want to enjoy swimming.

  • Many small treks as prep & 1 long trek (2 - 3 wks). This has been on my list.

(Key Driver - Creative ME, Create Something, Self Sustenance, Family time)

  • Writing - This year I did 75 posts and plan to double it at 150 & DARE - 300 posts

  • Photography - This year I focused on candid photography and had a lot of good shots, next year buy a good camera and take a course and also do wildlife photography. 

  • Painting - Last year experimented with oils, watercolor - acrylic.

(Key Driver - Family, Home, Sustainability) 

  • Cooking - Experimented with lot of veg dishes and few non veg dishes (which is my forte), next year focus on Bengali recipes (especially the ones which baba used to make like pithe) & vegetarian, salads, soups 

  • Gardening - Grow my own herbs & graduate to vegetables. 

  • Declutter - Reduce to only the basic needs and give the rest - Re-use, Re-cycle

  • Zero Waste Home, Vacations, Travel.

  • Cycling - No goals, just cycle around as much as I can so it can be my default transport, Also use public transport as much as I can


Overall, my principle for 23’ would be to lead a slow and mindful life. Be more compassionate. Meet more friends, relatives physically. 


Smile More and Spread the Smile.

No comments: