Monday, January 01, 2024

Welcome 20 24 - First post of the year

Jaisalmer, Dec 23

It has been incredibly sunny last few days in Bangalore and for me sun gives you that strong sense of hope for the day and life in general. 

As I run in the park 

  • I see young kids playing and making noises, generally shouting at each other chasing each other, falling getting up and running again. 

  • A young couple walking cautiously as the wife is expecting and holding her stomach so she does not hurt the unborn baby.

  • The young man throws a ball in the air and the dog rushes to get it. 

  • An old man walk vigorously with a big smile in their face or they have a phone playing some kind of bhajan or devotional songs, Very often he stops and to wish another passerby, exchanges a few words and continues walking.

  • Runners are busy doing their laps or exercises after the run and exchanging their achievements.


I am filled with so much hope and energy that I know we will survive as a tribe. 


Despite the Russian invasion, Gaza strip violence, floods in Chennai & Himachal where 1000’s of people lost their life and property we continue to move ahead. Yes it’s not happened to me so it’s a bit hypocritical to give these examples but our life got upside down when my father in law got detected with cancer, we fought, debated, cried, argued but moved on. We are not happy but we are content and at peace that we are trying our best.


After nursing a knee injury for last 45 days, I decided to run on 31st and did a 8K which was my welcome run for 20 24. I was looking at my 23 goals and one of the thing I wanted to do in 20 23 was to do 25 K and my dare was 55 on my birthday. But all that went to dust as the year passed, I think the highest I did was 10k quite a few times on Sunday’s. There were few other goals,I hadn’t met any of them but I had a very satisfied year which set me thinking if there is a real need to quantify goals. For this year can the only goal be Sleep well or Be healthy or Be compassionate. So, here goes.


Principles for 20 24


  • Compassionate towards human, animals, objects & earth

  • Do what I want when I want

  • Stay Calm and lead a slow life

  • 100% fit body and mind 

  • Hold the family together


Defining words for 20 24 is 


  • Hope & Resilience 

  • Love & Compassion 

  • Family and Friends


There is only 1 goal - Do the Annapurna Base Camp in September.


Happy 20 24. Let's Fly :)


No comments: