Saturday, December 12, 2009

copenhagen & platic bags


I had recently visited Mumbai when I saw this installation near worli, Couldn’t make out the building on which it was put up. “1000’s of mineral water bottles are stringed together and draped from top to bottom of the building in such a way that from far it actually looks like a water fall. The location is so focused that you just can’t miss it.” In the bottom there is only 1 line which says “Is this the only waterfall which our grand children’s will see?”

I found it very thought provoking, although this was much before the shindig happening around the world on global warming. As a lay man and as an educated individual I feel for the cause but I guess the time has come to do something more than just be aware. So I thought I will just start by saying “no to plastic bags” and make a beginning…..

For more on the impact of these plastic bags, see this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6rOZjXi03c or you can just google and sift thru a million links.

The search page gave me a comfort that a million people in the world are at least thinking about it and hopefully most of them are implementing it.

No comments: