Friday, August 09, 2024

The slow passage of time

It seemed like yesterday when we were planning her trip to Jaipur and now it’s almost time for her to come back. She is back tomorrow. Then I leave on Saturday and come back after 2 weeks. I know I will sit in this same chair and this screen in front of me, wondering - How did time pass so fast? Last 2 years have been years of coming and going. Some permanently like Papa and Shukla di’s husband. Sudden.

Some days, the days just stretches in front of me like large swaths of untilled land, ready to be sown but I don’t have the seeds to sow. Some nights don’t end, the darkness envelops you from outside and inside. I wait desperately for some sign of light so that the darkness can go. Then there are sudden burst of action and activities which envelopes you like a hurricane - It comes and leaves you completely drained of energy - as you watch it going away. And, vacant space envelopes me.


I try to create a routine through all this ups and downs and row my boat ahead. Not waiting to know the road ahead or the mist to clear. 


Just rowing to keep the boat afloat.

No comments: